David R. Fischer
Las Vegas Criminal Defense Attorney
If you have been charged with a crime in the state of Nevada, Attorney
Fischer will personally sit down with you, review any evidence against
you, and advise you regarding the best defense strategy for your case.
His goal is to ensure that your exposure to the criminal justice system
is avoided or kept to a minimum, whether the best defense strategy calls
for a trial or a negotiated settlement.
David R. Fischer is licensed to practice law in Nevada State and Federal
Courts primarily in the field of
criminal defense. As a fierce advocate on behalf of his clients, Attorney Fischer does
not give up until the right result is achieved, whether inside or outside
of the courtroom.
He has successfully argued in excess of 1,000 hearings, including:
- Bail motions
- Plea negotiations
- Trial bargaining
- Bench trials
- Jury trials
- Fugitive hearings
- Pre-trial hearings
- Status check hearings
- Preliminary hearings
- Arraignment hearings
- Probation violation hearings
Attorney Fischer routinely obtains dismissals, reductions, and acquittals
for his clients. His aggressive yet competent defense strategy approach
revolves around a “client-centered advocacy”, which translates
to a uniquely tailored defense for each case.
Specialized Settlement Advocacy Training
Attorney Fischer is an especially skilled negotiator as his education includes
specialized settlement advocacy training from Pepperdine University. This
distinguishes him from his peers who typically only have a law degree,
which in most cases teaches very little about settlement advocacy.
98% of all criminal cases end up with a negotiated resolution. Attorney
David Fischer is able to create value for his clients through favorable
In the event that a settlement is not in the client’s best interest,
Attorney David Fischer and his legal team are prepared to skillfully proceed to trial.
Previous Experience in the Military
Prior to law school, Attorney Fischer served for five years with the US
Navy as a Hospital Corpsman serving with the Fleet Marine Force. He was
stationed on Okinawa, Yuma, Arizona, and a number of different locations
throughout the Pacific Ocean, Asia, and the Middle East.
Later, Attorney Fischer continued his service in the Army National Guard.
While in the Army National Guard and after completing his undergraduate
education at Southern Utah University, Attorney Fischer earned an Army
Reserve Commission. Attorney Fischer proudly served the United States
in its military for nearly nine years.
Education & Personal Life
Attorney Fischer is a graduate of the University of Tulsa College of Law.
During Law School, attorney Fischer was a member of the
Tulsa Journal of International and Comparative Law. In addition, he belonged to the International Legal Fraternity of Phi
Attorney Fischer spent his third year of law school attending Pepperdine
University's College of Law, Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution
and earned a Master's Degree in Dispute Resolution. At Pepperdine
Law, Attorney Fischer clerked for a full-time settlement judge in the
Los Angeles Superior Court where he gained valuable insights into the
complexities of settling disputes (achieving litigation resolution) outside of court.
In his free time, Attorney Fischer enjoys going to the gym and hiking.
- Pepperdine University, College of Law, Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution,
Master of Dispute Resolution 2006
- The University of Tulsa, College of Law, Juris Doctor 2005
- Southern Utah University, Bachelor of Arts 2003
Bar Admission & Professional Memberships
- Supreme Court of Nevada, April 2007 and Federal District Court for the
District of Nevada, May 2007; 9th Circuit Court of Appeals, March 2018
- Nevada Bar Association, Clark County Bar Association, National Association
of Criminal Defense Lawyers, and Nevada Attorneys for Criminal Justice
- Criminal Justice Act Panel Member (Federal) - Appointed 2012.
- Clark County Indigent Defense Panel Member (State) - Appointed 2011.
- Clark County Police Fatality Public Fact-finding Review Ombudsperson -
- Inmate Early Mediation Program Mediator, Unofficial Southern District of
the U.S. District Court of the District of Nevada, June 2010 - Present.
- State Bar of Nevada Disciplinary Board Panel Member, March 2008 - July 2017 .
- Top 10 Criminal Defense Attorneys Under 40 In Nevada (NACDA) 2016
- Super Lawyers, Mountain States Rising Stars 2010 & 2013, 2014, 2015
- Desert Companion Magazine as 2014 Top Lawyer for Criminal Defense
- US Navy 1995-2000
- Army National Guard 2001-2004
- On site Italian translator
Talk to Mr. Fischer
about your case today. Call (702) 866-9864.